Alkmaar - After defeats in their opening two games of this year's UEFA Europa League, FC Augsburg are looking for a first-ever win in European competition when they take on AZ Alkmaar on Thursday (kick-off 19:00 CEST/17:00 GMT).
Augsburg sit bottom of the standings ahead of the double header, but victory could blow Group L wide open, potentially leaving three teams on three points.
- AZ have only won one of their five games against German opposition.
- The Dutch side have scored twice in each of their six European fixtures this season.
- Augsburg defender Ragnar Klavan joined from AZ in 2012. He won the Dutch title with Alkmaar in 2009.
- Alkmaar have reached the knockout stages of this competition on five occasions.
- Augsburg's Dutch World Cup participant Paul Verhaegh knows AZ well, having played against them for PSV Eindhoven, FC Den Bosch and Vitesse.
- Augsburg have won only one of their last ten games in all competitions.
Alkmaar: Coutinho - Haps, van der Linden, Gouweleeuw, Johansson - Rienstra - Dabney Souza, Henriksen, van Overeem - Tankovic, Janssen
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh, Callsen-Bracker, Klavan, Feulner - Baier - Esswein, Kohr, Koo, Werner - Altintop