Leverkusen - After a strong start to their UEFA Champions League campaign, Bayer 04 Leverkusen will be looking to secure their position in the top two of Group E as they welcome AS Roma on Tuesday (kick-off 20:45 CEST / 18:45 GMT).
Roger Schmidt's side beat Roma's city rivals SS Lazio in the qualifying round of this season's Champions League, and currently sit second in Group E on three points after two strong performances against FC BATE Borisov and FC Barcelona.
- Leverkusen have won four of the seven home games they have played against Italian opposition. Roma have lost 10 of the 12 games they have played on German soil.
- Roger Schmidt's side are in fine attacking form, having scored seven goals in their two home games in this season's Champions League campaign.
- Roma's Edin Dzeko is a familiar face in Germany. The Croatian spent four years at VfL Wolfsburg, scoring twice in his six appearances against Leverkusen.
- Antonio Rüdiger, who moved to Roma in the summer, has never once been part of a winning team against Leverkusen. In his time at VfB Stuttgart, he suffered three defeats and one draw at the hands of the Die Werkself.
- The two teams faced each other in the Champions League group stage in the 2004/05 season. Leverkusen beat Roma 3-1, going on to finish top of the group, while Roma finished bottom.
- Leverkusen's sporting director Rudi Völler scored 45 goals in his five years as a player at Roma from 1987-1992
- In Giulio Donati's only game for previous club Inter Milan, he was substituted off for Maicon, who now plays for Roma.
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos will be suspended for one game if he receives a yellow card against Roma.
Leverkusen: Leno - Donati, Tah, Papadopoulos, Wendell - Toprak, Kramer - Bellarabi, Calhanoglu, Kampl- Hernandez
Roma: Szczesny - Digne, Rüdiger, Manolas, Florenzi - Nainggolan, De Rossi, Pjanic - Gervinho, Dzeko, Salah