Borussia Mönchengladbach must avoid defeat at home to Sevilla FC on Wednesday (kick-off 20:45CET/19:45GMT) to keep their hopes of finishing third in UEFA Champions League Group D alive.
A win would, however, put the Foals in pole position to secure the group’s consolation prize of a place in the UEFA Europa League Round of 32, although Andre Schubert's side may still have to beat Manchester City FC in their final group fixture at the Etihad Stadium on 8 December to seal the deal.
- Gladbach, already out of the Champions League following their Matchday 4 draw with Juventus, will finish bottom of the group if they lose.
- Borussia are still searching for their first win in the Champions League following defeats to Sevilla, Manchester City FC and back-to-back draws with Juventus.
- Gladbach have not beaten Spanish opposition on home soil since thrashing Real Madrid CF 5-1 in the 1985/86 UEFA Cup third round.
- The Foals’ home record against Spanish sides reads W2, D2, L2.
- Gladbach are unbeaten in all competitions since the Matchday 2 defeat to Man City (W6, D3).
- Sevilla have to win to have any hope of reaching the last 16.
Gladbach: Sommer - Korb, A. Christensen, Jantschke, Wendt - Dahoud, G. Xhaka - Traore, F. Johnson - Stindl, Raffael
Sevilla: Sergio Rico - Coke, Rami, Kolodziejczak, Tremoulinas - Iborra, Krychowiak - Vitolo, Banega, Konoplyanka - Gameiro