Mönchengladbach - Buoyed by back-to-back Bundesliga wins, Borussia Mönchengladbach caretaker boss Andre Schubert leads his side out in the UEFA Champions League for the first time since Lucien Favre’s resignation when the Foals host Manchester City FC on Wednesday (kick-off 20:45 CEST/ 18:45 GMT).
Borussia were beaten 3-0 by Sevilla FC on Matchday 1, while City suffered a 2-1 home defeat to last season’s finalists Juventus.
- Gladbach beat Man City 4-2 on aggregate en route to lifting the UEFA Cup in 1979.
- The Foals' last game in the competition in Mönchengladbach came in the quarter-finals of the 1977/78 European Cup against SSW Innsbruck. They played the home leg of the subsequent semi-final in Düsseldorf.
- In the days of the European Cup, Gladbach were unbeaten at home against English sides (W4, D1).
- Man City's overall away record against Bundesliga opposition in the competition reads W2, D0, L6.
- City have won four and lost five of their last ten away matches in the competition.
- Kevin De Bruyne suffered just one defeat in five outings against Gladbach during spells at SV Werder Bremen and VfL Wolfsburg.
- Whilst playing for FC Bayern München (2003-10), City's Martin Demichelis did not lose any of his 12 games against Gladbach (W6, D6).
Gladbach: Sommer - Korb, Christensen, Alvaro Dominguez, Wendt - Dahoud, Xhaka - Herrmann, Johnson - Stindl, Raffael
Man City: Hart - Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov - Fernando, Fernandinho - Nasri, De Bruyne, Sterling - Aguero