From Guadalajara to Germany - via Mexico City: Eintracht Frankfurt new boy Marco Fabian has enjoyed a memorable career thus far.
But given that the Eagles become his first club on European shores, allow bundesliga.com to fill in the blanks and present ten fascinating facts about the talented attacker...
1) FIFA Puskas Award nominee: In 2014, Fabian was included on the shortlist for the prestigious FIFA Puskas Award, a vote to decide the best goal scored in a calendar year. Playing against Puebla while on loan at Cruz Azul, Fabian produced an exquisite first touch on the edge of the box to control a long ball forward, before spinning his marker and executing a delicate chip over the goalkeeper.
2) Social media star: Fabian is an active presence on social media and regularly posts updates of himself on and off the pitch. The 26-year-old's Facebook page has over 1.7 million fans, while he has close to 1.5 million followers on Twitter and just under 300,000 followers on Instagram. Frankfurt have landed a superstar indeed.
3) Emoji man: A regular user of social media, Fabian has his very own set of emojis that you can download here.
4) Has his own smartphone game: Marco Fabian Juggle Cup is available free and is a game where you play keepy-uppies using a cartoon figure of Fabian. Users can commentate the action while playing and post their best effort on Facebook or Twitter to stand a chance of competing against Fabian himself.
5) FIFA 16 cover star: As a measure of his popularity and general appeal, he was chosen to be on the cover of FIFA 16 in Mexico alongside FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi.
6) Has his own football academy: With the motto : “Here we work to make dreams come true, to develop footballers and strengthen values that will last a lifetime” and “A dream factory", Fabian's academy is based in Guadalajara, Mexico. It provides football coaching, nutritional and psychological advice and direct supervision from Fabian himself. One graduate was recently signed by Brazilian club Santos FC.
7) A friend of Chicharito: Hailing from the same city, Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez and Fabian spent three seasons in the Chivas first-team fold together between 2007 and 2010, before the former departed for Manchester United FC. Fabian also ascended to the Mexican national team squad in 2012, where he was reunited with Hernandez. Here are the two preparing for a game with El Tri in 2014: "Arriving in Chiapas with my mate @CH14_instagram."
8) Itchy feet: Fabian was certainly eager to get started at Eintracht Frankfurt, as he posted an emotional farewell message to Chivas fans on his Facebook page on 18 December, a week before the move to the Bundesliga was officially confirmed. "This decision was one of the most difficult of my life. I grew up with the dream of playing for Chivas, but on the other hand, another one of my dreams has been to play in Europe, and I also wish to make it a reality. Now I will face new challenges in the Bundesliga."
9) Well-known acquaintances: Fabian is evidently a fan of selfies. He has posted many on his various social media platforms, including some with notable celebrities, such as Mexican president Peña Nieto (below) and Barcelona striker Neymar.
10) Baseball fan: Playing football is what he does best, but Fabian is also a passionate baseball fan and a follower of Guadalajara-based outfit Charros de Jalisco. "What a great season, Charros! Great pride and fighting until the end."