- Demirbay value for money at Hoffenheim.
- Deals to be found in defence.
- Bargains at the bottom of the table.
January is the winter transfer window in the Bundesliga, and it's the same for Official Fantasy Bundesliga managers. Considering reinforcements for the second half of the season? bundesliga.com has some bargain suggestions for you to snap up.
Here are five players, who impressed in the first half of the season but won't break the bank in Official Fantasy Bundesliga transfer fees, all costing less than 5M.
1. Kerem Demirbay (MF, 3.4M) – 83 points
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim midfielder Kerem Demirbay made just 11 appearances in the first half of the campaign because of injury, but he has really shown his worth in that time. The 23-year-old has three goals and four assists as his Hoffenheim side remained unbeaten up until the winter break. His has definitely been worth his value of 3.4M, and more.
2. Pascal Stenzel (DF, 1.8M) – 76 points
Things are going well for Pascal Stenzel and SC Freiburg. The full-back certainly delivers a complete package for under 2M and comes with a real engine: The 20-year-old has completed all but one of the 13 matches he's started this season. This alone has brought the Breisgauer defender 38 points, but his great strength in challenges has also given him a further 51 points.
3. Alexander Hack (DF, 3.7M) – 66 points
1. FSV Mainz 05 centre-back Alexander Hack has been one of the finds of the season. The 23-year-old already has eight starts this campaign and has provided coach Martin Schmidt with a real alternative to the likes of Niko Bungert and Leon Balogun.
4. Bernardo (MF, 4.9M) – 60 points
Bernardo is one of the young, talented members of the RB Leipzig squad stirring up the league this season. The midfielder boasts good stats for challenges with 30 points already accumulated that way. Moreover, he always poses a threat going forward.
5. Antonio Colak (FW, 3.9M) – 53 points
Even though SV Darmstadt 98 currently sit bottom of the table, Antonio Colak is a sure-fire source of points. The forward always puts in a shift up front and already has 15 points from goals and shots. The 23-year-old also picked up an extra point for scoring a brace and is very strong in terms of challenges.