The first half of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will go down in history. A whole host of records were smashed in one of the most spectacular Hinrunden of all time. But who were the standout players?
Bayer 04 Leverkusen's star striker Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez romped to victory in our final Team of the Hinrunde vote, earning 88 and 77 percent of the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de votes respectively and a place alongside 2015 African Player of the Year Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in attack.
The winner is the man with most votes from both the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de polls combined.
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- With 19 goals in 22 appearances in all competitions since arriving in August, Hernandez has got his career in Germany off to a sensational start.
- Chicharito became the first Mexican to score a hat-trick in the Bundesliga as his three goals helped Leverkusen to a 5-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- Has also become the Bundesliga's most successful 'late signing' of all time.
Club: Hertha Berlin
- Has netted nine goals already this season - three more than in the entirety of 2014/15.
- Has featured in all but one of his side's games as Hertha ended an impressive Hinrunde in third.
- Has converted both of his penalties this season.
- Netted a fine hat-trick against Hannover 96 on Matchday 12.
Club: TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
- Equalled the Bundesliga record for the fastest-ever goal when he scored after just nine seconds against FC Bayern München. on Matchday 2.
- Has scored five goals - each with his left foot - and picked up a further two assists.
- Has converted both of his penalties.
Club: Hamburger SV
- HSV are yet to lose this season when Lasogga has found the net (W5, D1).
- Scored in wins against Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- Has scored just under a third of his side's 19 goals.
- Struck late to seal the points against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Matchday 10.