- Dortmund's new signing models himself on Neymar.
- "He's going to get better" - France boss Deschamps.
- Scored 12 times in 25 games after making his Ligue 1 debut this season.
He is a prodigious talent who models himself on Neymar and has been the French top-flight’s outstanding youngster this season: step forward Borussia Dortmund’s new signing, Ousmane Dembele.
Football insiders have known about the exciting attacking midfielder, who turns 19 on Sunday, for several years, and after signing a five-year deal with BVB, Dembele will no doubt soon become a household name in Germany.
Let bundesliga.com fill you in on the teenager who is rated one of Europe’s hottest properties.
- Born 15 May 1997 in the Normandy town of Vernon, 80km from Paris and a stone's throw from Claude Monet's gardens at Giverny.
- Joined Stade Rennes FC aged 13, signing his first professional contract on 1 October 2015 before making his Ligue 1 debut on 6 November 2015.
- After scoring 12 goals and providing five assists in his first 25 French top-flight games, Dembele was named the Ligue 1 Players' Player of the Year.
- "I have never seen such a phenomenon at that age," said Dembele’s former Rennes team-mate Gelson Fernandes. We are aware we have a jewel in our ranks."
- Scored his first league goal on his second appearance, and netted a hat-trick in the Breton derby against FC Nantes in early March.
- Made his U-21 debut for France in March 2016.
- "He's quick, he can penetrate defences, he's two-footed, and can play across the front three. And he's going to get better," said France coach Didier Deschamps in March 2016.
- "My main attributes are my dribbling and my speed. I have one role model: Neymar," said Dembele in 2013.
Click below to watch highlights of Dembele's sensational hat-trick in Ligue 1 against FC Nantes back in March.