- Four candidates were in contention to be selected as April Player of the Month.
- The vote was conducted on Twitter: @Bundesliga_EN.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan named April Player of the Month.
Borussia Dortmund playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been named the Bundesliga Player of the Month for April.
April was a quite a month in the 2015/16 Bundesliga season, with the title race still on the boil, one of the relegation spots filled and several teams improving their position in the hunt for European qualification, but BVB's Armenian was the standout performer according to the bundesliga.com users.
- The Armenian playmaker had a hand in all three goals as BVB overcame VfB Stuttgart on Matchday 31, scoring one himself.
- Provided two assists to help Dortmund come back from 2-1 down to beat SV Werder Bremen 3-2 on Matchday 28 and weighed in with two more in the 5-1 thrashing of VfL Wolfsburg.
- Now has more assists (15) than any other Bundesliga player this season.
The other candidates:
- The 19-year-old started all of Leverkusen's Bundesliga games in April.
- He was on target in consecutive games from Matchday 27 - Matchday 32.
- Scored one and made one in Leverkusen's fightback away to FC Schalke 04 on Matchday 31 and now has nine goals and two assists this season.
- Scored his maiden Bundesliga goal on Matchday 30 against Hamburger SV, the fourth-youngest player ever to find the target in Germany's top flight.
- Made Bundesliga history on Matchday 31 by becoming the youngest player ever to score two goals, aged 17 years, seven months and five days.
- Featured in the starting line-up in three of Dortmund's Bundesliga matches in April.
- The Chile international has hit top form in recent weeks, becoming an integral part of Bayern's push for the treble.
- Vidal scored the all-important opening goal for the Bavarians on both Matchday 30 and Matchday 31.
- On average, the midfielder wins 52 per cent of all his tackles and completes 90 per cent of his passes.