The 2015/16 Bundesliga campaign is drawing to a close, but with seven games remaining, all 18 teams still have plenty to play for as they look to get the most out of one of the most exciting seasons in the history of Germany’s top flight.
But how are things shaping up heading into the final stretch and how good are each side's chances of reaching their targets? 1. FSV Mainz 05 fans, your team is up next.
Story so far
- Martin Schmidt's side have been rock-solid at the back, conceding only 33 goals to date. Only FC Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund and surprise package FC Ingolstadt 04 have a better defensive record.
- Although winless in their last three games, Der Karnevalsverein beat Bayern 2-1 on Matchday 24, becoming only the second team to take three points off the league leaders this season, after Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- With the exception of Dortmund, Mainz have an even or positive record against every other team in the top six.
Still to play for
- A place in Europe! With 41 points, seventh-placed Mainz are just a point off Gladbach in fifth. FC Schalke 04, in the fourth and final UEFA Champions League spot, are only three points better off than the Rhineland-Palatinate side.
- Mainz have a relatively kind run-in, with four teams in the bottom half of the table still to play. The final-day clash with Hertha Berlin - currently seven points away in third - could prove decisive in the race for European qualification.
In-form star: Julian Baumgartlinger
- The Mainz defensive midfielder and captain has been in indomitable form. The Austria international has only misplaced 17 percent of his passes (a Mainz record), whilst he has covered an average of 12.3 kilometres per game.
- Having scored just a single goal in his first 111 Bundesliga games, Baumgartlinger has now scored twice in his last seven, with the winner in Matchday 21's 2-1 win over Schalke, and the opener in the 1-1 draw at SV Werder Bremen on Matchday 27.
- Baumgartlinger's first 48 shots in the Bundesliga failed to find the target. Two of his last four shots have resulted in goals.