A virtual unknown when he arrived in Germany from his homeland, Japanese star and two-time Bundesliga title winner Shinji Kagawa needs no introduction. Vote for him in Wednesday's poll on our Twitter account: @Bundesliga_EN!
Club: Borussia Dortmund
National team: Japan
- Four goals, including the winner at VfL Wolfsburg and a Revierderby header against FC Schalke 04, and six assists in 15 Bundesliga appearances this season.
- Helped Dortmund win the title in his maiden Bundesliga season, then scored 13 and racked up 11 assists in 31 league appearances in BVB's double-winning 2011/12 campaign.
- Winner of the inaugural Asian Football Confederation (AFC) International Player of the Year Award in 2012.
- "He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw." And Jürgen Klopp should know.
- First Asian player to score an English Premier League hat-trick in March 2013.