Goals: 1-0 Uth (27'), 2-0 Uth (51')
Even with the likes of James Rodriguez, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery on the bench, Bayern started with a genuine spring in their step as Robert Lewandowski grazed a post early on. Hoffenheim gained the upper-hand in the 27th minute, however, with Uth collecting a quick Andrej Kramaric throw and firing low and hard past Manuel Neuer.
After Bayern winger Kingsley Coman fired over shortly after the restart, Uth capped off a swift Hoffenheim breakaway with his second of the night. The introduction of James almost got Bayern back into the game, but Javi Martinez was unable to steer the Colombian's cross past the full-stretch Oliver Baumann as the 26-time Bundesliga champions fell to their first Bundesliga defeat of the season.
Watch: Uth recounts his opening goal against Bayern
Man of the match
Not only did Uth put two unerringly accurate efforts past Neuer, he also ran his socks off right up until his 76th-minute substitution. Are you watching, Joachim Löw...?
- Uth is the first Hoffenheim player to score two goals in one game against Bayern.
- Bayern's only two Bundesliga defeats in 2017 have come away to Hoffenheim.
- Hoffenheim have scored the opening goal in all three of their outings against Bayern under Julian Nagelsmann.
- Uth has scored five of Hoffenheim's nine goals in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Müller made his 400th Bayern appearance.
- James Rodriguez made his Bundesliga debut.
Hoffenheim: Baumann (c) – Bicakcic, Nordtveit, Hübner – Kaderabek, Demirbay, Zuber (Schulz 69'), Geiger (Polanski 63') – Amiri, Kramaric – Uth (Ochs 76')
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Kimmich, Martinez, Hummels, Rafinha (Ribery 78') – Rudy (Robben 57'), Tolisso – Müller (James 78') , Thiago, Coman – Lewandowski
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti
Watch: Mats Hummels reflects on Bayern's defeat