Hertha Berlin 2-2 Augsburg
Goals: 0-1 Gregoritsch (32'), 0-2 Cordova (61'), 1-2 Ibisevic (pen. 84'), 2-2 Selke (87')
Sent off: Heller (90')
The hosts started strongly and initially looked like overpowering a deep-lying Augsburg team, but eventually the visitors warmed up and took control of proceedings. However, it took until just after the half-hour mark until they broke the deadlock, when Michael Gregoritsch's long-range drive took a wicked deflection and left Hertha goalkeeper Rune Jarstein wrong-footed. As lucky as that may have been, Augsburg deserved their lead at the interval.
The visitors were the better side early in the second half, too, showing greater aggression and determination going forward and creating a handful of chances before substitute Sergio Cordova doubled their lead within minutes of coming off the bench. The visitors looked on course for a comfortable win, but there was a dramatic late twist to come, as Vedad Ibisevic scored from the penalty spot after Davie Selke was fouled inside the penalty area. Selke got on the scoresheet himself moments later, clinically finishing a long ball forward to give Hertha the unlikeliest of draws.
- Gregoritsch set a new single-season club record for Augsburg by netting his 13 goal of the season.
- Hertha's Selke has now found the net in three successive Bundesliga matches for the first time ever.
- Hertha sub Palko Dardai is the son of Hertha coach Pal.
- Hertha's Mathew Leckie and Alexander Esswein both scored their first-ever Bundesliga goals against Augsburg.
- Hertha coach Dardai is unbeaten in seven games against Augsburg (three wins, four draws).
- The Old Lady have scored 12 of their 14 goals in the second half of the season in the second half of their games.
Hertha: Jarstein – Pekarik, Stark, Rekik (Duda 61'), Plattenhardt – Darida, Skjelbred (c) (Ibisevic 71') – Leckie, Kalou (Dardai 71'), Lazaro – Selke
Unused subs: Smarsch, Esswein, Duda, Torunarigha, Lustenberger,
Absentees: Klinsmann (shoulder), Mittelstädt (hip), Weiser (thigh), Maier (ill)
Coach: Pal Dardai
Augsburg: Luthe – Gouweleeuw, Khedira, Hinteregger – Schmid, Moravek (Janker 82'), Caiuby, Max – Gregoritsch (Cordova 59') , Richter – Finnbogason (c) (Heller 76')
Unused subs: Hitz, Parker, Baier, Kacar, Danso
Absentees: Opare (not considered), Framberger (ankle), Jakob (knee), Koo (knee)
Coach: Manuel Baum