Goals: 0-1 Asano (24'), 1-1 Füllkrug (pen. 76')
Hannover have struggled of late but had a glorious early chance when Martin Harnik was unmarked in front of goal, but he got his feet in a tangle and the opportunity went begging. They were punished for that midway through the half when Takuma Asano pounced on the rebound after Philipp Tschauner was unable to hold Christian Gentner's long-range shot.
The home team were much improved after the break, but aside from a Salif Sane shot that hit the post, they had difficulty creating any clear openings. However, their pressure eventually paid off when Niclas Füllkrug lashed in a penalty after Matthias Ostrzolek was felled by Benjamin Pavard. Dennis Aogo should have restored Stuttgart's lead almost instantly, but blazed over from close range and leave both clubs with a point.
- Asano's goal was his first in the Bundesliga.
- Stuttgart took the lead away from home for the first time this season.
- Hannover have scored 13 of their 16 Bundesliga goals this term in the second half.
- Stuttgart have conceded 11 of 16 after the interval.
- The average age of the Stuttgart starting line-up this season has been 24.7 years, the youngest ever in the club's history.
- Hannover's Martin Harnik made 173 Bundesliga appearances during six years at Stuttgart, scoring 52 times.
Hannover: Tschauner – Sorg (Karaman 71'), Anton, Sane, Ostrzolek – Korb, Klaus, Schwegler, Bakalorz – Harnik (c) (Füllkrug 46'), Bebou
Coach: Andre Breitenreiter
Stuttgart: Zieler – Beck, Pavard, Badstuber, Baumgartl, Insua – Ascacibar, Gentner (c) – Brekalo (Aogo 66'), Asano (Terodde 73'), Özcan (Ailton 87')
Coach: Hannes Wolf
Watch: Stuttgart goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler on the draw against his former club