Goals: 1-0 Ndicka (36'), 2-0 Rebic (45+1'), 3-0 de Guzman (59'), 3-1 Muslija (86'), 4-1 Jovic (89')
After a feisty opening in which Frankfurt made all the running by pressing their deep-lying visitors in a bid to force an error, the deadlock was eventually broken by an unlikely source when centre-back Evan N'dicka volleyed in at the back post from Sebastien Haller's flick. The visitors lacked finesse in the final third to seriously trouble their hosts and allowed the Eagles to double their advantage on the stroke of half-time when Rebic muscled his way onto another Haller flick-on before slotting past Michael Esser.
If the game appeared to be over by the break, Frankfurt made sure of the points after the interval as the tireless Rebic, who tormented the Hannover backline throughout, beat his marker to the ball before laying on an easy tap-in for Jonathan de Guzman. It was largely one-way traffic towards the Hannover goal for the remainder of match, and although Bobby Wood set up substitute Florent Muslija for a late consolation, Frankfurt had the final word when Luka Jovic tucked home from de Guzman's surgical through-ball to seal a deserved first home win of the season.
- Alongside Rebic, Allan made his first appearance in the Frankfurt starting XI this season in this game.
- N'dicka's goal was his first in the Bundesliga coming from just his second ever shot. He is the first Frankfurt defender to score this season.
- Hannover are now winless in their last 16 away matches in the Bundesliga.
- Hannover are the only team yet to win a game in the Bundesliga this term.
- Haller's two assists here mean he has set up more goals in 2018/19 (four) than he has scored (three).
- This was the first time this season that Frankfurt have scored more than twice in one game, making it the club's biggest win under coach Adi Hütter.
Frankfurt: Trapp – Russ (c), Hasebe, Ndicka - Da Costa, De Guzman, Torro, Kostic (Willems 77') – Allan – Rebic (Gacinovic 82'), Haller (Jovic 60')
Unused subs: Rönnow, Falette, Fernandes, Müller
Absentees: Chandler, Fabian (both knee), Paciencia (meniscus), Salcedo (ankle)
Coach: Adi Hütter
Hannover: Esser – Sorg (Muslija 69'), Anton (c), Felipe, Albornoz – Schwegler, Walace (Wood 46') – Korb, Fossum, Bebou – Füllkrug (Weydandt 46')
Unused subs: Tschauner, Elez, Bakalorz, Asano
Absentees: Hübers, Prib (both knee)
Coach: Andre Breitenreiter
Watch: De Guzman: "Rebic did all the work!"