Frankfurt - FC Augsburg head to Eintracht Frankfurt this Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CEST/ 13:30 GMT) hoping to bring a halt to a trend which has seen them lose their opening two games of every season they have played under coach Markus Weinzierl.
After falling to a 1-0 defeat at home to Hertha Berlin a week ago, the Fuggerstädter are out to ensure their false start to the season does not continue against a side who also have redemption on their minds, after losing at VfL Wolfsburg last Sunday. Who has the best chance of getting their season up and running? bundesliga.com previews the action...
- Frankfurt’s Armin Veh faces his hometown club for the fifth time in the Bundesliga (D1, L3).
- Despite finishing fifth last season, Augsburg lost their first two Bundesliga games of 2014/15.
- Frankfurt have never kept a clean sheet against Augsburg.
- Augsburg are unbeaten in five against Frankfurt, but have never gone six games unbowed against any team in the Bundesliga.
- Halil Altintop, who scored three goals in 49 top-flight appearances as a Frankfurt player, has only lost one of 13 his Bundesliga outings against Eintracht.
Possible line-up: Hradecky - Hasebe, Zambrano, Abraham, Oczipka - Russ, Reinartz - Aigner, Inui - Seferovic, Castaignos
Absentees: Anderson (fitness), Kittel (fitness), Stendera (thigh) Meier (fitness)
Possible line-up: Hitz - Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Max - Baier - Esswein, Kohr, Altintop, Werner - Mölders
Absentees: Opare (muscle injury), Moravek (fitness), Parker (knee), Schuster (adductor), Trochowski (knee), Bobadilla (suspended)