With the release of the 2017/18 Bundesliga fixture list, the countdown to the new season has begun.
Matchday 1 has thrown up some real corkers, not least defending champions Bayern Munich's opener against X, and promises to set the tone for another beguiling campaign.
The action doesn't begins until the evening of August 18 - ample time to swot up on the curtain-raising statistical skinny of seasons past...
- Bayern Munich are the most successful team on the opening Matchday of the season, averaging 2.1 points per game (since the introduction of three points for a win).
- Bayern have, logically, recorded most victories (33), been top of the table most frequently (11 times) and scored the most goals (117) after the first round of games.
- The Bavarians were also on the receiving end of the biggest opening-day defeat in Bundesliga history – a 6-0 thrashing at a Kickers Offenbach side coached by Otto Rehhagel in 1974/75.
- The team in second place after Matchday 1 has been relegated (seven times) more often than it has won the Bundesliga title (five times).
Watch: Highlights of Bayern's 6-0 thrashing of Werder Bremen on Matchday 1 in 2016/17
- In the 54 Bundesliga seasons since the league's inception in 1963, 137 clubs have been relegated. Almost a quarter of them (23 per cent) started those seasons with a win, while 56 per cent avoided defeat on Matchday 1.
- Four teams have been relegated despite topping the standings after Matchday 1: Hansa Rostock (1991/92), Karlsruher SC (1997/98), Borussia Mönchengladbach (1998/99) and Arminia Bielefeld (2002/03).
- On the flip side of that coin, 70 teams have avoided relegation after occupying one of the bottom two positions following the first round of games.
- Klaus Fichtel, Eike Immel, Manfred Kaltz and Karl-Heinz Körbel have more appearances on Matchday 1 than anyone else in Bundesliga history (17). Former Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn has the most opening-day wins (11), however.
Watch: Kahn reflects on one of his feistiest games in the Bundesliga, including THAT kung-fun kick
- As the Bundesliga's only ever-present team, Hamburg have played more top-flight games on Matchday 1 than anyone else (54). They have also drawn their opening fixture more often than any other side (18).
- Borussia Dortmund have suffered more opening-day defeats (22) than any other Bundesliga club.
- Schalke have conceded more goals than any other team on Matchday 1 (85), while a league-high 178 goals have been scored at Hamburg on the opening day.
- The record for most goals on Matchday 1 was set in 1986/87, when nets were rippled 42 times. The lowest tally (18) has occurred twice, most recently in 2001.
- A record seven penalties were awarded on Matchday 1 in 1987/88, while there have only been two opening rounds of fixtures without a spot-kick, most recently in 1988/89.
- Bayern players have scored the first goal of the season more often than those from any other team (12).
- The largest attendance record on Matchday 1 was set in 2011 (an average of 51,344 per game). Bayern, Dortmund and Hertha Berlin – the clubs with the biggest stadiums in the league – all had home games that year. The lowest figures on Matchday 1 arrived in 1972, with an average of just 13,733 per game.
ALL NEW: Can you name these Bundesliga all-time records and statistics? Take part in our quiz below!