- Wolfsburg and Leverkusen both off colour recently.
- Goals hard to come by for Wolfsburg this season.
- Gomez and Kießling in top 17 of all-time Bundesliga top goalscorers.
VfL Wolfsburg and Bayer 04 Leverkusen both have their sights set on victory at the Volkswagen Arena on Saturday as they look to turn the corner after disappointing recent results (kick-off 15:30CEST/13:30GMT).
The Wolves have slipped into the bottom three with just one win all season, but with Mario Gomez scoring his first competitive goal for the club on Matchday 8, he and Wolfsburg will be hoping the floodgates will now open, starting this weekend.
Leverkusen's crushing 3-0 defeat to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim last time out has seen Roger Schmidt's men lose ground at the top of the standings. There is no doubting the quality in the squad, with Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez, Hakan Calhanoglu and Julian Brandt, among others, boasting a wealth of attacking options, and Die Werkself will view this game as crucial to their aim of returning to the upper reaches of the table.
- Wolfsburg are on a seven-game winless streak, with just three points from that run.
- In 2016, the Wolves have picked up just 25 points from 25 games.
- 11 points from the first eight games of the season is Leverkusen's worst return in the past decade.
- The Wolfsburg have never failed to score at home in three consecutive matches, while they have never had to wait more than four games for a home win.
- Leverkusen have scored in each of their last 16 away games.
- Stefan Kießling (140 goals) and Gomez (139) are behind only Claudio Pizarro on the all-time Bundesliga goalscoring charts of players still in action.