- Mainz eyeing second home win of the season.
- Ingolstadt looking to build on draw with Dortmund on Matchday 8.
- Die Schanzer did the double over the Zerofivers last season.
The Zerofivers’ have endured a tough start to the season, having played Borussia Dortmund, VfL Wolfsburg, Bayer 04 Leverkusen and FC Schalke 04 in their opening eight league matches, but a home encounter with lowly Ingolstadt represents the perfect opportunity for Martin Schmidt’s side to close the gap on the European places - and for Pablo De Blasis and Jhon Cordoba to add to their respective goal tallies.
Markus Kauczinski’s team almost pulled off an astonishing victory over Dortmund last time out, but were thwarted by Christian Pulisic’s stoppage-time equaliser at the Audi Sportpark. Despite that late disappointment, the draw was a timely confidence boost ahead of Saturday’s clash. If they can replicate that performance at the OPEL Arena, Ingolstadt will fancy their chances of coming away with at least another point.
- Mainz lost both their league matches against Ingolstadt last season, with both games ending in 1-0 victories for the Bavarians.
- Ingolstadt have not won in the Bundesliga since Matchday 29 of last season, when they beat Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0.
- Die Schanzer had 14 points on the board at the same stage last season.
- FCI keeper Örjan Nyland has made 14 league outings for the club, but the Norwegian is still waiting for his first victory in Ingolstadt colours.
- Nyland has conceded at least twice in each of his last seven league appearances.