Mainz - It will be emotional when Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel returns to the club where he made his name, 1. FSV Mainz 05, in Friday's Matchday 9 encounter at the Coface Arena (kick-off 20:30CEST/18:30GMT).
- Tuchel is Mainz's longest-serving Bundesliga coach, having been in the dugout for 170 matches between 2009 and 2014. He led them to fifth place in the 2010/11 season, their highest-ever finish.
- Mainz have lost seven of their last eight games against Dortmund. Their only win in that time was a 2-0 success at the Coface Arena in September 2014.
- After kicking off the campaign with 11 straight victories, BVB are now winless in four and suffered their first competitive defeat under Tuchel at FC Bayern München (5-1) on Matchday 8.
- Mainz have won four matches this season, one more than they managed in the entire first half of the 2014/15 season.
- Yunus Malli has six goals this term and 12 in 2015 so far, more than any other midfielder.
- In Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Bayern's Robert Lewandowski, two players have reached double figures for goals after eight rounds of games for the first time in Bundesliga history.
- Aubameyang could break a Bundesliga record by becoming the first player to score on 11 consecutive Matchdays, a run stretching back to last season.
Mainz: Karius - Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Jara - Baumgartlinger, Latza - Jairo, Malli, De Blasis - Muto
Dortmund: Bürki - Ginter , Sokratis, Hummels, Piszczek - Weigl, Gündogan - Reus, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang