Cologne - Hannover 96 claimed their first victory of the season on Matchday 8 and will be hoping to keep the momentum up against 1. FC Köln on Sunday (kick-off 15:30 CEST/13:30 GMT)
Both sides have enjoyed their fair share of success against each other in the past, with Köln winning 17 of their 42 Bundesliga encounters with Hannover, just one less than they have lost. In terms of goals, it is also relatively even: Hannover have scored 65 Bundesliga goals against Sunday's opponents, while Köln have found the net 62 times.
- Köln have notched up 14 points from their opening eight games, their best start to a Bundesliga season in 19 years.
- Hannover's victory against SV Werder Bremen on Matchday 8 was their first win this season, and their first clean sheet since December 2014.
- Anthony Modeste has scored the opening goal in four of Köln's eight league fixtures this season.
- Köln are on a 14-match unbeaten home run.
- The Billy Goats have scored seven times in the last 15 minutes this season.
- Born in Cologne, Hannover's number one Ron-Robert Zieler is in top form, having made eight saves against Bremen.
- The 3-0 victory over Schalke on Matchday 8 was Köln's biggest win since returning to the Bundesliga in 2014.
Köln: Horn - Olkowski, Sörensen, Heintz, Hector - M. Lehmann, Gerhardt - Risse, Osako, Bittencourt - Modeste
Hannover: Zieler - Sakai, Marcelo, Schulz, Sorg - Schmiedebach, Sane - Andreasen, Karaman - Kiyotake - Sobiech