- Leverkusen's Henrichs selected by all three.
- James and Flo both include Sokratis.
- Matt somehow finds room for Aubameyang.
Last week, Flo 'The Scout' Reinecke assembled a team of five players who he thought would earn a combined total of at least 50 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points on Matchday 7.
Having fallen just short of the 50 mark - largely due to a last-minute injury to Raphael Guerreiro - Flo is having another crack on Matchday 8. Only this time he has challenged James 'The Coach' Thorogood and Matt 'The Expert' Howarth to join in. Who will triumph? Check out our panel's teams below and decide for yourself...
Flo 'The Scout' Reinecke
As founder of 'Projekt 50' I'm determined to teach James and Matt a lesson this week. These are the five players I'm sending into battle:
- Douglas Santos (DF, Hamburger SV, 10M): I recommended the Brasilian in my recent article on this season's late bloomers. Santos impressed against A German Team last time out and I expect him to pick up more points against Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Sokratis Papastathopoulos (DF, Borussia Dortmund, 13.4M): The Greek international has been a key figure in my Fantasy squad. Having finally recovered from injury, he was practically the first name on my five-man team sheet.
- Diego Demme (MF, RB Leipzig, 6.4M): Consistent, tireless and tough in the tackle – Demme has earned at least seven points in each of his six league appearances this season.
- Benjamin Henrichs (MF, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 5.6M): The youngster won an eye-watering 21 challenges at SV Werder Bremen last time out. Same again against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim please, Benjamin!
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (FW, FC Schalke 04, 13.5M): The Cameroonian is also one of my late bloomers. FC Schalke 04 are improving all the time, and I expect Choupo-Moting to do the same.
Matt 'The Expert' Howarth
Challenge accepted, Flo! After beating you on Matchday 7, this should be a doddle:
- Marcel Halstenberg (DF, RB Leipzig, 9.2M): The 25-year-old has played every single minute for a Leipzig side that has not conceded more than one goal in a game since the opening day of the campaign.
- Bastian Oczipka (DF, Eintracht Frankfurt, 8.15M): Oczipka has been one of the most consistent defenders in the game and I expect him to continue his fine Fantasy form at struggling Hamburger SV this weekend.
- Vincenzo Grifo (MF, SC Freiburg, 11.5M): The fifth highest-scoring midfielder in the Fantasy Bundesliga, Grifo invariably picks up more points when Freiburg play at home. The Black Forest club host the team directly below them in the table - FC Augsburg - on Saturday.
- Benjamin Henrichs (MF, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 5.6M): I don’t like being a copycat, Flo, but it’s hard to resist with Henrichs. The youngster currently has 57 points - ten times his current value in the game!
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (FW, Borussia Dortmund, 15,5M): Aubameyang scored three goals in two appearances against FC Ingolstadt 04 last season. With BVB visiting the Audi Sportpark on Saturday, I’m backing Auba to add to his tally of six Bundesliga goals.
James 'The Coach' Thorogood
Right, time to knock Flo off his perch. Here are my five picks:
- Jeffrey Bruma (DF, VfL Wolfsburg, 12.2M): Wolfsburg have already picked up four clean sheets this season and I’m expecting Bruma to profit from number five this weekend with opponents Darmstadt scoring less than a goal a game.
- Sokratis Papastathopoulos (DF, Borussia Dortmund, 13.4M): A rare occurrence, but I agree with Flo! A fit-again Sokratis is a must-have, especially considering BVB are playing an Ingolstadt side without a win on home soil this season.
- Bernardo (MF, RB Leipzig, 5.2M): A defender hiding in midfielders’ clothing, Bernardo averages more challenges won (12) than any other member of Leipzig’s back line and can’t drop points if they concede.
- Benjamin Henrichs (MF, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, 5.6M): I too am jumping on the Henrichs bandwagon in Project 50 this week. He has the same advantages as Bernardo, while his form, value and price tag just can’t be ignored.
- Yussuf Poulsen (FW, RB Leipzig, 11.75M): A recommendation in my favourable fixtures column, Poulsen has amassed 26 points in his last two games and I’d be very surprised if he didn’t hit double figures again at home to Bremen.
Watch: The top 5 bargain buys: