Sinsheim – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim only managed to collect one win from their first 11 encounters with neighbourly rivals VfB Stuttgart, but have since won three in a row and are looking to maintain that run of form on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CEST/13:30 GMT).
- Both sides secured their only win of the season so far on foreign soil.
- Stuttgart are amongst the teams to have had the most shots on goal in 2015/16, but their conversion rate ranks amongst the lowest.
- Kevin Volland had a hand in all three goals against FC Augsburg, while Eduardo Vargas has played his part in four of Hoffenheim’s last six successful efforts.
- Half of Hoffenheim’s eight goals this season have been scored in the opening 13 minutes of matches.
- VfB Stuttgart lead the league in corners won, but are yet to convert any of the 56 dead ball deliveries.
- Hoffenheim head coach Markus Gisdol, as well as seven of his current charges, have past experience of being of Stuttgart’s books.
Hoffenheim: Baumann - Kaderabek, Süle, Bicakcic, Toljan - Schwegler, Polanski - Rudy, Schmid - Volland, E. Vargas
Absentees: Elyounoussi (thigh), Herdling, Hamad (both lack of match fitness)
Stuttgart: Tyton - Klein, Sunjic, Baumgartl, Insua - Serey Die, Gentner - Harnik, Didavi - Ti. Werner, Ginczek
Absentees: Langerak (knee), Kostic (thigh), R. Kruse (calf)