Darmstadt - The Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor will be rocking on Friday evening when SV Darmstadt 98 welcome local rivals 1. FSV Mainz 05 to town for Matchday 8's curtain-raiser (kick-off: 20:30 CEST/18:30 GMT).
- Sunday's 2-2 draw in Dortmund was Darmstadt's fourth stalemate of the season - no other team has played out so many.
- The Lilies currently sit ninth in the Bundesliga - the club's highest ever top-flight position.
- After seven games last season, Mainz were unbeaten. This term, der Karnevalsverein have already tasted defeat on four occasions.
- Only 31 kilometres separate the centre of Darmstadt from the centre of Mainz.
- Both sides have conceded seven goals in the second half this season.
- On average, one in every six of Darmstadt's shots has found the net: a league-high along with FC Bayern München and Borussia Dortmund.
Darmstadt: Mathenia - Garics, Sulu, Caldirola, Junior Diaz - Niemeyer, Gondorf - Heller, Rausch - Rosenthal - Wagner
Absentees: Platins (thigh)
Mainz: Karius - Balogun, Bungert, Bell, Bussmann - Baumgartlinger, Latza - Clemens, Malli, De Blasis - Muto
Absentees: Frei (thigh), Soto (knee)