Leverkusen - Bayer 04 Leverkusen have never lost to FC Augsburg in eight previous Bundesliga encounters. Can the hosts extend that run to maintain their momentum on Sunday? (kick-off 17:30CEST/15:30GMT)
- Leverkusen are the first team in Bundesliga history to have a negative goal difference after seven games and still enjoy a position in the top five coming into Matchday 8.
- Leverkusen are the only team whose top goalscorer is under 20 years old: Julian Brandt, 19, has struck twice this season, making him the only Bayer player to have found the net more than once.
- Coaches Roger Schmidt and Markus Weinzierl completed their coaching badges together in 2011.
- Augsburg have already conceded three penalties this season, almost as many as in the whole of the 2014/15 campaign (four). They have lost each time they have given away a spot-kick.
- Stefan Kießling has not scored since the Matchday 1 encounter with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Last February Marwin Hitz became only the third goalkeeper in Bundesliga history to find the net without scoring from the spot to salvage a 2-2 draw for Augsburg. It is the sole point the Bavarians have ever registered against Die Werkself.
Leverkusen: Leno - Hilbert, Tah, K. Papadopoulos, Wendell - L. Bender, Kramer - Bellarabi, Calhanoglu - Kießling, Mehmedi
Absentees: Toprak (thigh), Aranguiz (Achilles)
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh, Callsen-Bracker, Klavan, Feulner - Baier - Esswein, Koo, Halil Altintop, Ji - Bobadilla
Absentees: Werner (thigh), Parker (knee)