- Nouri's Bremen unbeaten in last two matches.
- Leverkusen beat Dortmund on Matchday 6.
- Chicharito with four goals in last two Bundesliga outings.
After narrowly losing to 1. FSV Mainz 05 in Alexander Nouri's first match as interim coach, the Green-Whites have moved out of the relegation zone thanks to a 2-1 win over VfL Wolfsburg and a 2-2 draw with SV Darmstadt 98. Delighted by the club's about-turn in fortunes, the Bremen hierarchy have since confirmed Nouri will remain in charge of first-team affairs until the end of the campaign.
Leverkusen's form has also picked up in recent weeks, with the Matchday 6 win at home to Borussia Dortmund taking Roger Schmidt's men into the top half of the standings - only two points outside the top four - for the first time this season. Plundering four goals in his last two Bundesliga outings, Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez has been instrumental to that run.
- After starting the season with four successive Bundesliga defeats, Bremen are unbeaten in their last two (four points from six).
- Bremen were without a win in seven matches, before beating Leverkusen 4-1 in the clubs' last meeting.
- FC Bayern München are the only Bundesliga team against whom Leverkusen have a worse head-to-head record than Bremen.
- Leverkusen are chasing their third successive Bundesliga win.
- No Bundesliga team has scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season than Leverkusen (six out of ten).
- Bayer start the weekend in the top half of the table for only the second time this season.