- Mainz without a home win in the Bundesliga this season.
- Darmstadt yet to register a single point on the road.
- Malli in fine form for the 05ers.
The 05ers recorded their first clean sheet of the season in the goalless draw with VfL Wolfsburg on Matchday 6, but, despite some encouraging displays in the 4-4 draw with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and the 3-2 defeat to Bayer 04 Leverkusen, they remain without a home win in the Bundesliga since May.
Unlike Mainz, it is Darmstadt's home form that is keeping their heads above water early in 2016/17. The Lilies have picked up five points from the nine on offer at the Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion-am-Böllenfalltor, but have lost all three of their away outings by an aggregate score of 9-0.
- Mainz are without a win in their last five Bundesliga matches on home soil. Only twice before have they endured a longer winless in front of their own fans.
- Yunus Malli has had a direct hand in five of Mainz's seven Bundesliga goals so far this season.
- Mainz suffered the heaviest competitive defeat in their history away to Darmstadt in June 1989 (7-0).
- Darmstadt have lost their first three away games of the season. They were unbeaten in their first four on the road last term.
- Darmstadt are the only team without an away goal in this season's Bundesliga.
- Darmstadt's Peter Niemeyer is yet to lose in five career trips to Mainz (W3, D2).