Mainz – FC Bayern München will equal the Bundesliga record for a winning start to a Bundesliga season if they can beat 1.FSV Mainz 05 on Saturday (kick-off 15:30CEST/13:30GMT).
- Bayern will equal the Bundesliga record for successive victories from the start of a top-flight season if they register their seventh against Mainz.
- Robert Lewandowski scored the fastest hat-trick and fastest five-goal haul in Bundesliga history against VfL Wolfsburg on Tuesday. He was also the first substitute to score more than three times. Check out the Poland international's record-breaking feats here.
- Mainz have beaten Bayern three times in 20 competitive meetings. All of those victories were overseen by former coach Thomas Tuchel.
- Mainz have not beaten Bayern in seven attempts. Their last win was a 3-2 home triumph on 27 November, 2011.
- Lewandowski has scored seven times in his last five games against Mainz.
- Mainz have already been beaten three times this season. Last term, they went unbeaten for the first six games of the campaign under Kasper Hjulmand.
- Mainz have won their last two home games. They last won three-in-a-row at home under Tuchel.
Mainz: Karius – Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Bengtsson – Baumgartlinger, Latza – Clemens, Malli, Muto - Cordoba
Absentees: Beister, Frei (thigh), Soto (knee)
Bayern: Neuer – Lahm, Javi Martinez, Boateng, Alaba – Vidal, Xabi Alonso – Götze, Müller, Douglas Costa - Lewandowski
Absentees: Badstuber, Benatia (muscle injury), Kirchhoff, Ribery, Robben (muscle injury), Gaudino, Green, Starke