- Chicharito’s hat-trick heroics saw Leverkusen beat Mainz on Matchday 5.
- Dortmund have won three Bundesliga games in a row, scoring 14 goals.
- BVB did the double over Bayer last season.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen will be hoping Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez can come up with the goods again as they welcome high-flying Borussia Dortmund to the BayArena on Saturday evening (kick-off 18:30 CEST/16:30 GMT).
Chicharito was the standout performer in the Bundesliga last weekend, grabbing all the headlines as he inspired Die Werkself to a 3-2 win over 1. FSV Mainz 05 with a superb hat-trick. Coach Roger Schmidt will need the Mexican striker at his clinical best again on Saturday, as Bayer go in search of their third win of the campaign. However, it will be anything but straightforward against a Dortmund side who have won three on the bounce in the Bundesliga, scoring 14 goals in the process.
Dortmund were at their free-flowing best as they put first SV Darmstadt 98 and then VfL Wolfsburg to the sword, notching up 11 goals in just two games. SC Freiburg provided a trickier test, but Thomas Tuchel’s side still claimed a 3-1 victory to move up to second in the table. However, BVB were stunned at RB Leipzig on Matchday 2, and Leverkusen will feel that they are more than capable of producing another upset, and finally beating Dortmund at home for the first time since 2007.
- Leverkusen haven't won a home game against Dortmund in over nine years.
- Leverkusen may have only managed seven out of 15 possible points this season - and yet Die Werkself only had six points at the same stage last term.
- Chicharito’s last seven goals have all come on the road.
- Dortmund haven't lost in Leverkusen since May 2007.
- Dortmund have had nine different goalscorers this season, more than any other club in the Bundesliga.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 59 goals in his first 100 games for Dortmund, four more than Robert Lewandowski, who “only” scored 55 goals in his first 100 matches.