Munich - Last season's top-two finishers collide at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday evening, when FC Bayern München have their work cut out to continue their 100 per cent start against VfL Wolfsburg (kick-off 20:00 CEST/18:00 GMT).
- Bayern have never lost a game in the first half of a Bundesliga season since Pep Guardiola took charge in 2013. They have recorded 34 wins and five draws.
- Wolfsburg have not conceded a goal in their last four competitive games (420 minutes in total) — that is a first since they were promoted to the Bundesliga in 1997.
- Stretching back to last season, Wolfsburg are now unbeaten in their last nine Bundesliga games (five wins, four draws) — it is the longest such run of any top-flight side.
- Wolfsburg have won their last two fixtures against Bayern, triumphing 4-1 in the Bundesliga and winning on penalties in the Supercup. However, they have lost their last 16 away games at Bayern (both Bundesliga and DFB Pokal).
- Last season, Wolfsburg failed to win on a Tuesday or Wednesday in the Bundesliga's so-called 'English weeks'. They recorded two draws and one defeat in their midweek games.
- Wolfsburg have picked up two points from their two away games to date (1-1 in Cologne, 0-0 in Ingolstadt).
- Five of Wolfsburg's eight goals have come from set-pieces.
- Bas Dost has scored 18 goals in 20 Bundesliga matches in 2015.
- No team has had as many different scorers this season as Bayern (eight).
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Alaba, Bernat - Alonso - Thiago, Vidal - Müller, Lewandowski, Costa
Absentees: Badstuber, Benatia (muscle injury), Kirchhoff, Ribery, Robben (muscle injury)
Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Träsch, Naldo, Dante, Rodriguez - Guilavogui, Luiz Gustavo - Caligiuri, Kruse, Draxler - Dost
Absentees: Casteels (foot), Felipe (foot), Vierinha (thigh)