- Dortmund with 13 Bundesliga goals in four matches this season.
- Freiburg beat Hamburg last time out.
- Dortmund have won their last ten meetings with Freiburg.
BVB have not looked back since slumping to a shock 1-0 defeat at newcomers RB Leipzig on Matchday 2, putting six past both Legia Warszawa in the UEFA Champions League and SV Darmstadt 98 in the Bundesliga, before seeing off VfL Wolfsburg to the tune of 5-1 in midweek.
Freiburg maintained their 100 per cent home record since gaining promotion as Bundesliga 2 champions with a 1-0 win over Hamburger SV on Tuesday, but head north having lost their first two away trips of the current campaign by an aggregate score of 5-1.
- Dortmund have won their last ten competitive meetings with Freiburg.
- The Black-and-Yellows are one game away from equalling a club record 24-game unbeaten home run at home.
- Having amassed six points from their opening four games, Freiburg are enjoying their best start under Christian Streich's reign, and their second best in the club's history.
- Thomas Tuchel's men have registered 17 goals in their last three games, their highest goals-to-games ratio since the 1982/83 campaign.
- Freiburg have won their last eight games at home, but have lost their last three away.
- Streich's side have taken all three points only once in their previous 16 visits to the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK