- Darmstadt reeling from thrashing against Dortmund on Matchday 3.
- Hoffenheim have drawn all three league matches so far.
- TSG striker Wagner returns to former club for the first time.
Still smarting from their worst ever Bundesliga defeat last weekend, SV Darmstadt 98 have a chance to quickly put their 6-0 humbling at the hands of Borussia Dortmund behind them when they welcome TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Tuesday evening (kick-off 20:00 CEST/18:00 GMT).
Darmstadt coach Norbert Meier celebrates his 58th birthday on the day Hoffenheim come to town – making him twice the age of counterpart Julian Nagelsmann. The three points the Lilies have amassed thus far matches their total at the same stage as last season and they will take strength knowing they have never conceded a goal against Tuesday’s visitors.
Hoffenheim sought balance following their recent 4-4 draw against 1. FSV Mainz 05 and the south-western team achieved it at the weekend, picking up another point in the scoreless draw against VfL Wolfsburg. Now boasting former Darmstadt striker Sandro Wagner, Hoffenheim are hoping the 28-year-old can make a dramatic return to the Jonathan-Heimes-Stadion am Böllenfalltor.
- Hoffenheim's Wagner scored 14 goals for Darmstadt last season to finish as the Bundesliga's joint-sixth highest scorer.
- Both teams have amassed three points, yet their shots on target tally tell a different tale, Hoffenheim's 51 besting Darmstadt's 25.
- Darmstadt's 6-0 Matchday 3 reverse against Dortmund was their worst ever defeat in the Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim have drawn their opening three Bundesliga games for the first time.
- The visitors have scored against every Bundesliga team save for one, Darmstadt.