- Leipzig full of confidence after unbeaten start.
- Thorgan Hazard has six goals in five games for the Foals.
- Mönchengladbach hoping to convince on their travels.
Promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time last May, Leipzig have already accounted for Borussia Dortmund and produced their biggest away win to date with Saturday's 4-0 victory against Hamburger SV. Boasting nine wins in their last eleven games at home, Ralph Hasenhüttl's team now represent formidable top-flight opponents.
Die Fohlen – along with their talismanic midfielder Thorgan Hazard – are also riding high after a 4-1 weekend triumph against Werder Bremen. However, it is Mönchengladbach's away form – just one win in 12 on their travels - that is the biggest thorn in coach André Schubert's side when they take on the Bundesliga's second-youngest team at the Red Bull Arena.
- Leipzig recorded their biggest away win in a professional league against Hamburg.
- Eintracht Frankfurt (2012/13) are the only promoted club to have made a better start to a Bundesliga season than Leipzig.
- Four of Leipzig's seven Bundesliga goals have been scored by substitutes.
- Gladbach have won their last nine home matches in a row, but have only picked up one win from 12 on the road.
- Thorgan Hazard has already scored as many goals in all competitions in 2016/17 (six) as he managed over the course of his entire debut season in a Gladbach shirt.
- Leipzig's Marvin Compper made 28 Bundesliga appearances for Gladbach.