Mönchengladbach - Borussia Mönchengladbach risk setting an unwanted club record of four successive defeats to start a Bundesliga season unless they can pick up their first points of the campaign at home to Hamburger SV on Friday (kick-off 20:30 CEST/18:30 GMT).
- Mönchengladbach are in danger of starting a season with four successive defeats for the very first time.
- Lucien Favre's men have conceded almost as many goals (eight) as in the whole second half of last season (ten).
- Despite their defeat in Cologne last time out, HSV put in an impressive display, registering 17 shots to the hosts' six.
- Both teams are missing their 'enforcers': Granit Xhaka picked up his third red card in 83 Bundesliga outings for the Foals on Matchday 3.
- Emir Spahic is also banned after being dismissed for the fourth time in 52 top-flight appearances in Germany.
- Only VfB Stuttgart have conceded more goals (ten) than HSV and Mönchengladbach (both nine).
Possible line-up: Sommer - Korb, Stranzl, Jantschke, Wendt - Nordtveit, Stindl - Traore, Raffael, Hazard - Hahn
Absentees: Dominguez (light training), Herrmann (knee), Johnson (muscle), Xhaka (suspended)
Possible line-up: Drobny - Diekmeier, Djourou, Kacar, Ostrzolek - Ekdal, Holtby - N. Müller, Hunt, Ilicevic - Lasogga
Absentees:Adler (shoulder), Hirzel (abdominal), Marcos (groin), Rudnevs (tongue), Spahic (suspended)