After dominating proceedings away to Hamburger SV, RB Leipzig's search for a cutting edge was finally found with the introduction of second half substitute Timo Werner. Replacing last week's MVP candidate Naby Keita, Germany Under-21 international Werner added a new dimension to Leipzig's attack, propelling the Saxony-based side to a 4-0 win.
Werner won the penalty - converted by Emil Forsberg - that started the ball rolling at the Volksparkstadion and subsequently netted his team's second and third goals as the Bundesliga newcomers made it two wins from three. Yet, did the former VfB Stuttgart attacker do enough to earn your vote for Matchday 3 MVP?
Top Facts - Werner
- The 20-year-old's brace was the second of his club career.
- When 17, Werner's double for Stuttgart against Freiburg made him the youngest player to score twice in the Bundesliga.
- He is also the youngest player to have reached 50 Bundesliga appearances.
- Werner signed a four-year deal with Leipzig in June.
- His second-half performance earned him 10 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points.
Watch: How RB Leipzig prepared for their first ever season in the Bundesliga.