- Frankfurt one point adrift of safety.
- Dortmund unbeaten in Bundesliga in 2016.
- BVB trail Bayern by five points and hoping for Ingolstadt favour.
Eintracht have given themselves every chance of beating the drop following back-to-back derby wins over 1. FSV Mainz 05 and SV Darmstadt 98, but remain one point adrift of outright safety in the relegation play-off spot with only two games to go.
The Eagles face 15th-placed SV Werder Bremen on the final day, but not before taking on a Dortmund side that has netted 11 goals in their last three matches and could - theoretically at least - still overhaul FC Bayern München at the stop of the standings.
Matchday 16 rewind: Dortmund 4-1 Frankfurt
Dortmund were at their fluid best as they swatted aside ten-mean Frankfurt at the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK on Matchday 16.
Matchday 33 - match stats
- Frankfurt have won two matches in a row for the first time in the Rückrunde. They famously avoided relegation in 1998/99 after winning their final four games of the season.
- Along with Dortmund, Eintracht have recorded a league-high five wins from losing positions.
- Dortmund have won all four of their matches since losing 4-3 to Liverpool FC in the UEFA Europa League quarter-finals – their only defeat in 2016.
- BVB have scored a league-high 80 goals in 2015/16 and need just two more to break their club-record tally of 81 (2012/13).
- Dortmund could equal their club-record, single-season tally of 11 away wins with victory in Frankfurt (2010/11, 2011/12 and 2013/14).
- Frankfurt have won two of their three home games under Kovac.
- Eintracht have scored twice in each of their last two games – the same tally they managed in their previous nine.
- Three of Frankfurt's last four goals have come from set-pieces. Prior to Matchday 30, they had only scored five goals from dead-ball situations this term.
- With 25 Bundesliga goals, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is Dortmund's most prolific goalscorer in 35 years. In 1980/81, Manfred Burgsmüller put away 27.
- Dortmund have posted more Bundesliga wins against Frankfurt than against any other club (41) – five of which have come in their last six meetings.
Frankfurt: Hradecky - Regäsel, Russ, Abraham, Oczipka - Huszti, Hasebe - Aigner, Fabian, Ben-Hatira - Castaignos
Absentees: Anderson (knee), Reinartz (leg), Medojevic (Achilles), Meier (knee), Seferovic (suspended), Flum (knee), Zambrano (thigh)
Coach: Niko Kovac
Dortmund Bürki - Ginter, Bender, Hummels, Schmelzer - Sahin - Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Castro, Reus - Aubameyang
Absentees: Subotic (arm), Park (shin), Gündogan (kneecap), Weigl (suspended), Piszczek (muscular)
Coach: Thomas Tuchel