Darmstadt - Newcomers SV Darmstadt 98 can extend their unbeaten start to the season to three games when they face TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 15:30 CEST).
The Lillies have been one of the season's surprise packages so far, holding more illustrious sides Hannover 96 and FC Schalke 04 to draws on Matchdays 1 and 2 respectively. Dirk Schuster's men will now be targeting a first Bundesliga victory of the campaign against a Hoffenheim side reeling from two straight defeats, including a last-minute reverse against FC Bayern München a week ago. bundesliga.com previews the action from the charming Merck-Stadion am Böllenfalltor...
- Darmstadt are unbeaten in their last 13 home league games (seven wins, six draws).
- Stretching back from last season, Hoffenheim have lost five of the last six league matches.
- Only once have 1899 lost the opening three games of a Bundesliga season: in 2012/13, at the end of which the club stayed up via the relegation play-off.
- Darmstadt are in their third spell as a Bundesliga club, while Hoffenheim are in their eighth Bundesliga campaign following their sole promotion in 2008.
- Kevin Volland scored the fastest goal in the Bundesliga's 52-year history against FC Bayern last week, finding the net inside 9 seconds.
- Darmstadt captain Aytac Sulu was a Hoffenheim player between 2007 and 2009 but did not make a first-team appearance.
Possible line-up: Mathenia - Garics, Sulu, Caldirola, Holland - Gondorf, Niemeyer - Heller, Rausch - Sailer - Stroh-Engel
Possible line-up: Baumann - Kaderabek, Schär, Süle, Kim - Schwegler, Polanski - Volland, Uth, Schmid - Kuranyi
Absentees: Hamad (fitness), Herdling (knee)