Few players in world football can match the current form of FC Bayern München striker Robert Lewandowski. A contender for Bundesliga MVP on Matchday 1, the prolific Pole won the honour this time following his goal and assist in the final ten minutes of Bayern’s 2-0 win against FC Schalke 04 on Matchday 2. Congratulations!
Top facts - Lewandowski
- Four goals in his opening two Bundesliga games represents the 28-year-old's best ever start in seven seasons in Germany's top flight.
- With the Poland international managing seven efforts on goal against Schalke, team-mate Manuel Neuer said Lewandowski should have scored more!
- No stranger to breaking the deadlock, Lewandowski did so nine times on his way to topping the Bundesliga goalscoring charts last year.
- The Bayern forward registered his 50th for the club last week in what was record timing for a Bundesliga club.
- Friday's performance brought the Pole 15 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points, taking his tally thus far to 39, or a huge 78 if you had him as captain for two Matchdays running!
Watch: All 30 goals that made Lewandowski top scorer last season