Prior to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim’s dramatic fightback, 1. FSV Mainz 05 were flying at the Opel Arena with Pablo de Blasis leading the Carnival club’s charge. The 28-year-old scored twice before providing the assist for Levin Öztunali to make the score 4-1.
Although events subsequently took a surprising turn, did the sight of the diminutive de Blasis in full flow earn the Argentinian your vote for Matchday 2 MVP?
Top Facts - de Blasis
- Despite being one of the Bundesliga's shortest players at 1.65m, two of de Blasis's seven league goals have been headers.
- His third-minute opener against Hoffenheim was the quickest goal in the Bundesliga so far this season.
- De Blasis's double was the his second brace in the Bundesliga, the Argentinian having previously netted twice in a 4-2 win against FC Augsburg last April.
- Sunday's draw ended a run of four games when Mainz had been victorious after de Blasis found the net.
- With two goals and an assist, De Blasis picks up 13 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points!
Watch: Find out what de Blasis had to say following Mainz's stunning draw with Hoffenheim