Had it not existed already, the term 'Super Sub' would have been invented for Bayer 04 Leverkusen forward Joel Pohjanpalo. With his team trailing at home to Hamburger SV, the Finland international was summoned from the bench late on and produced an incredible match-winning hat-trick.
It was the second time in as many Bundesliga games that Pohjanpalo scored after coming on as a substitute, the 21-year-old having done so away to Borussia Mönchengladbach on Matchday 1. But does the Finn's performance this time around earn him your vote for Matchday 2 MVP?
Top facts - Pohjanpalo
- Introduced by Leverkusen in the 72nd minute, Pohjanpalo netted three times in eleven minutes to snatch victory from HSV.
- The 21-year-old scored with his first shot against Mönchengladbach on Matchday 1 and repeated the feat at home to The Red Shorts.
- With four goals to his name, the Helsinki native sits atop the Bundesliga goalscoring charts with Robert Lewandowski, having only managed a sixth of the Pole’s playing time to date.
- Pohjanpalo joins Ulf Kirsten and Burak Kaplan as only the third Leverkusen player to score in the club's opening two Bundesliga fixtures.
- The former Fortuna Düsseldorf striker's treble earned him 16 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points this week.
Watch: Joel Pohjanpalo offers his thoughts on an incredible achievement