Both enjoying morale-boosting victories on Matchday 27, Cologne and Borussia Mönchengladbach are set for an intriguing tussle in the top half of the table in this season's second Rheinderby on Saturday (15:30 CEST/13:30 GMT).
Cologne’s Yuya Osako has been ruled out after failing to recover from a knee injury in time. Artjoms Rudnevs, meanwhile, has recovered from a nose injury. Full-back Pawel Olkowski is in line for a recall.
Fresh from celebrating the birth of his twins, Raffael is set to return to the Gladbach attack. Midfielder Tobias Strobl is back after suspension while Tony Jantschke is available again having recovered from muscular issues.
Cologne: Horn - Klünter, Sörensen, Heintz, Hector - Lehmann (c), Jojic - Clemens, Höger, Rausch, Modeste
Coach: Peter Stöger
Absentees: Risse (knee), Hartel (suspended), Osako (knee), Guirassy (muscle problem)
Gladbach: Sommer - Elvedi, Christensen, Vestergaard, Wendt - Strobl, Dahoud - Hazard, Raffael, Hofmann - Stindl (c)
Coach: Dieter Hecking
Absentees: Doucoure (thigh), Kramer (knee), Johnson (thigh tear)
- Cologne have already won as many games this season (ten) as they did last term.
- Gladbach have lost just one of their ten home games under Dieter Hecking.
- The Billy Goats have lost more games against Gladbach (46) than against any other side.
- A win against Gladbach would see Cologne complete the double over the Foals for the first time in almost 30 years – it last happened in 1989/90.
- Marcel Risse scored the late winner in the reverse fixture with a thunderous free-kick, voted as goal of the year.
- Tobias Strobl played on loan at Cologne in 2012/13 in Bundesliga 2.