Former Bayern star Mario Götze, currently sidelined with metabolic disturbances, is one of four absentees for the visitors. Marco Reus has yet to recover from a thigh injury sustained last month, while Erik Durm and Andre Schürrle have also been ruled out.
Bayern: Ulreich - Lahm (c), Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Thiago, Alonso, Vidal - Ribery, Robben, Lewandowski
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti
Absentees: Neuer (foot), Müller (ankle)
Dortmund: Bürki - Passlack, Bartra, Sokratis, Schmelzer (c) - Castro, Ginter, Guerreiro - Pulisic, Dembele, Aubameyang
Coach: Thomas Tuchel
Absentees: Reus (match fitness), Götze (metabolic illness), Schürrle (ankle), Durm (muscle strain)
- Bayern's Robert Lewandowski has scored 25 goals; one fewer than Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at the top of the scoring charts.
- Bayern were undefeated in 20 games before their 1-0 loss to Hoffenheim on Tuesday - a run stretching back to last November.
- Bayern conceded their first goal in 539 minutes against Hoffenheim.
- Bayern failed to pick up maximum points for just the seventh time this season.
- Aubameyang has scored in each of his last seven appearances in all competitions, netting a total of 11 in that time.
- Thomas Tuchel is the current Bundesliga coach with the most victories against Bayern (four).