Bayern have scored 15 goals in their last four league matches without conceding and they can preserve one of only three unbeaten home records in the league by chalking up a tenth victory of the season in front of their own supporters.
Robert Lewandowski missed out on a goal in the 1-0 win at Borussia Mönchengladbach on Matchday 25 but the Pole got a brace in a 3-1 success in Augsburg in October and netted in a tenth tournament qualifier for Poland last week. The Bayern frontman is two goals behind Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the race to end the season as the Bundesliga’s topscorer.
Augsburg were held at home by Freiburg before the international break and a run of one win in six matches has seen an eight-point gap to the relegation places reduced to just two. The prospect of a fifth away win of the season at the home of the league leaders seems daunting but Augsburg have won at the Allianz Arena as recently as May 2015. Raul Bobadilla netted the only goal of the game that day.
- FC Bayern are unbeaten at home this season and in 17 Bundesliga games at the Allianz Arena across two campaigns.
- The record champions have lost just two of their last 48 home league games, but one of those did come against Augsburg.
- Left-back Konstantinos Stafylidis already has four goals this term. Conversely, in his eighth Bundesliga campaign, counterpart David Alaba has never managed four goals in a league season.
- The two Bavarian clubs have shown no sign of brotherly love as they have never played out a draw.
- Five penalties have been awarded in Augsburg’s last four competitive visits to Munich (two for the Fuggerstädter), but three have been missed.
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 13 goals in 11 Bundesliga appearances against Augsburg. Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben have both won all six league games against FCA with a combined 13 goals and assists between them.