Two teams chasing a top-four finish go head-to-head when VfL Wolfsburg host Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
After dropping four points in their previous two games, Wolfsburg got their campaign back on track with a 4-0 win at basement club Hannover 96 in midweek. Andre Schürrle bagged a hat-trick against the 96ers - his first in the Bundesliga - with the Germany international likely to lead the line again in Bas Dost's absence.
Gladbach are four places and five points better off than their hosts in fourth. The Foals underlined their credentials with an emphatic 4-0 win over VfB Stuttgart last time out, with their supposedly makeshift defence continuing to thrive in the absence of Alvaro Dominguez, Tony Jantschke and Martin Stranzl.
Gladbach made it three Bundesliga wins from three under caretaker boss Andre Schubert thanks to an impressive 2-0 success at home to Wolfsburg.
Matchday 25 - Match facts
- Wolfsburg have not lost any of their last ten home games against the Foals. No team has a worse recent record against the Wolves than Gladbach.
- Gladbach have been heavily dependent on their home form this season. Away from home they have only picked up 11 of a possible 39 points.
- Raffael has scored in four goals in Gladbach's last five games.
- Schürrle scored his first ever Bundesliga hat-trick in Tuesday's 4-0 win at Hannover 96 - two years to the day after scoring a hat-trick for Chelsea FC against Fulham FC in the Premier League.
- Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking's first six Bundesliga appearances as a player were in the colours of Borussia Mönchengladbach back in the 1984/85 season.
- Max Kruse swapped Gladbach for Wolfsburg at the start of the season. He scored 23 goals in 66 Bundesliga games for the Foals.
- This season, Kruse's goals and assists have accounted for nine Wolfsburg goals in his 22 Bundesliga games.
- Dante represented Gladbach between 2009 and 2012. The centre-back scored a respectable eight goals in 93 Bundesliga appearances for Die Borussen. So far, he has scored one goal in 15 games for the Wolves.
Wolfsburg: Casteels - Träsch, Knoche, Dante, R. Rodriguez - Luiz Gustavo - Guilavogui, Arnold - Draxler - Schürrle, Kruse
Absentees: Dost (foot), Ascues (knee), Jung (knee), Naldo (shoulder), Caligiuri (light training)
Gladbach: Sommer - Elvedi, Christensen, Nordtveit, Hinteregger - Dahoud, Xhaka - Hazard, Johnson - Stindl, Raffael
Absentees: Alvaro Dominguez (back), Jantschke (knee), Stranzl (calf), Schulz (knee), Hahn (light training)