If Julian Nagelsmann's men have a four-point cushion over Hertha Berlin in the race for UEFA Champions League qualification, they can thank their Matchday 24 opponents. Freiburg beat Hertha in January and Eintracht Frankfurt last weekend to boost their own hopes of European football next season.
Hoffenheim have enjoyed the Rückrunde so far, winning four and losing just two of their seven matches since the winter break. They will need to maintain that form for this fixture as they have not won at the Schwarzwald-Stadion since their maiden top-flight visit in 2009.
- Freiburg almost have as many points on the board after 23 matches (33) as they managed in the entire 2014/15 campaign (34), which ended in relegation.
- No team with 33 points at this stage of a season has ever been relegated.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in their last six against Freiburg.
- Freiburg midfielder Vincenzo Grifo registered one assist in 12 Bundesliga appearances for Hoffenheim.
- TSG captain Sebastian Rudy is set to make his 200th Bundesliga appearance.
- Hoffenheim substitutes have scored 12 goals this season – a record after 23 matches.