After back-to-back defeats, 1. FC Köln will attempt to return to winning ways when they travel to FC Ingolstadt 04 on Tuesday evening of Matchday 24 (kick-off 20:00CET/19:00GMT).
Peter Stöger's men have won just one of their last six league games - the Matchday 21 encounter with Eintracht Frankfurt (3-1) - and have slipped to 1-0 defeats in their last two against Rhine neighbours Borussia Mönchengladbach and then at home to Hertha Berlin on Friday night.
The goals have dried up for the Billy Goats while they have also failed to keep sides out at the opposite end, conceding in each of their last nine matches.
While Köln have faltered in recent weeks, Ingolstadt's tally of ten points since the turn of the year would have seen them challenging for a UEFA Champions League place if the league had started in January.
Köln maintained their unbeaten home record after being held to a draw by Ingolstadt, who themselves remained undefeated on the road in 2015/16.
Matchday 24 - match stats
- Köln have not kept a clean sheet in nine outings, their longest-ever such streak under Stöger.
- Ingolstadt have scored a Bundesliga-high ten goals from set-pieces.
- The Billy Goats have lost their last two games 1-0 - the last time they lost three games in a row was 15 months ago.
- Köln have not won any of their last five away games.
- Lukas Hinterseer's strike to earn a point in Hamburg on Matchday 23 was Ingolstadt's first away goal in 561 minutes. It was also the Austrian's first headed strike in the Bundesliga.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl's side boast 30 points after 23 games of the season; no club has ever been relegated with that record since three points were awarded for a win.
- All of Ingolstadt's goals in the second half of the season (six) have come from set-pieces.
Ingolstadt: Özcan - da Costa, Matip, Hübner, Bauer - Roger - Groß, Cohen - Hinterseer, Lezcano, Leckie
Absentees: Danilo (toe) Levels (ankle)
Köln: Horn - Olkowski, Maroh, Mavraj, Heintz - Risse, Lehmann, Vogt, Bittencourt - Osako - Modeste
Absentees: Zoller (thigh)