Borussia Mönchengladbach will be keen to further their push for UEFA Champions League football next season when they host a VfB Stuttgart side licking their wounds after a defeat to Hannover on Wednesday (kick-off 20:00CET/19:00GMT).
Gladbach are still on course for renewed qualification for the UEFA Champions League next season, while they were also able to welcome Patrick Herrmann back from a long injury absence in the 2-2 draw at FC Augsburg at the weekend.
Stuttgart were also creeping into contention for a place in Europe next season before they came unstuck at home to Hannover 96 on Matchday 23, and Jürgen Kramny's men will be out to prove that was just a one-off this Wednesday.
Gladbach moved further away from the relegation zone with their second successive win, overcoming a valiant Stuttgart side on Matchday 7.
Matchday 24 - match facts
- Gladbach have gone two games in a row without losing for the first time since the turn of the year, with a 2-2 draw at Augsburg following a 1-0 win over 1. FC Köln.
- After eight Bundesliga games without defeat, Stuttgart succumbed to bottom-placed Hannover 96 at the weekend, despite having 22 shots to 12, and 17 corners to one.
- Andre Schubert (36 points in 18 games) and Jürgen Kramny (18 in ten) have both turned their respective clubs' seasons around since taking charge.
- Both sides have two of the strongest attacks, with 45 goals and 35 respectively.
- Timo Werner scored his fifth goal of the season against Hannover, setting a new personal best for a season.
- Stuttgart captain Christian Gentner has scored three goals this season, all coming in away wins in Hanover, Cologne and Frankfurt.
Gladbach: Sommer - Elvedi, Christensen, Nordtveit, Wendt - Dahoud, Xhaka - Hazard, Johnson - Stindl, Raffael
Absentees: Alvaro Dominguez (back), Jantschke (knee), Stranzl (calf), Schulz (knee), Hahn (light training)
Stuttgart: Tyton - Großkreutz, Schwaab, Niedermeier, Insua - Serey Die - Rupp, Didavi, Gentner, Kostic - Werner
Absentees: Barba (calf), Baumgartl (appendicitis), Ginczek (knee)