Eintracht Frankfurt will look to flex their muscles at the Commerzbank-Arena when they host FC Schalke 04 this Sunday evening (kick-off 19:30CET/18:30GMT).
Frankfurt are without a win in the Bundesliga in four games, and will be looking to haul themselves back up the table and away from the relegation places. Armin Veh's side are under pressure, sitting just two points ahead of SV Werder Bremen and the relegation play-off place.
They face a Schalke side who are also far from their best form. The Royal Blues' 1-1 draw with VfB Stuttgart came between two energy-sapping UEFA Europa League ties against Shakhtar Donetsk. Andre Breitenreiter's men will be looking for a win to keep up their chase of Borussia Mönchengladbach and Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the race for the top four.
Schalke celebrated their 1600th Bundesliga game in style. Joel Matip put the hosts ahead with a second half header, before Leroy Sane doubled the lead in additional time to give the Royal Blues a hard fought but deserved win.
Matchday 22 - match stats
- Frankfurt have not won any of their last four games.
- The hosts have only 22 points from their first 22 games – six fewer than they had managed to win at this stage last season.
- Schalke have two wins, one draw and two defeats in the Bundesliga in 2016.
- Joel Matip has scored more goals from corners than the entire Frankfurt team.
- Eintracht's 0-0 draw against Hamburger SV was their fifth scoreless draw of the season. Historically, they have played more scoreless draws against Schalke than against any other Bundesliga team.
- No team has scored more goals from corners than Schalke's five this season. Only Borussia Mönchengladbach have conceded more goals than Schalke from corners.
Frankfurt: Hradecky - Regäsel, Zambrano, Abraham, Hasebe - Russ - Stendera - Aigner, Fabian, Huszti - Meier
Absentees: Flum (knee), Anderson (knee), Reinartz (groin), Castaignos (light training)
Schalke: Fährmann - Caicara, Matip, Neustädter, Kolasinac - Geis, Goretzka - Sane, Belhanda, Choupo-Moting - Huntelaar
Absentees: Höwedes (thigh), Nastasic (light training), Höger (light training)