- Dortmund hoping to make it three from three.
- Out-of-form Leverkusen arrive needing pick-me-up.
- BVB scoring goals for fun at present.
Third-placed Dortmund chalked up a second consecutive 3-0 win with victory in Freiburg on Matchday 22. That was the first time that Thomas Tuchel’s side had kept back-to-back clean sheets in the Bundesliga this season and also saw Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang return to goalscoring form. The Gabon striker’s brace took his tally to 19 league goals, level with Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski at the top of the scoring charts.
By contrast, Bayer Leverkusen slumped to a third defeat in five league matches last weekend when Mainz left the BayArena with a 2-0 win. Having scored four times in their two wins before that, Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez will be planning to get back among the goals: the Mexico international has 10 Bundesliga goals this season – the third of which came in Leverkusen's 2-0 home win against Dortmund at the start of October.
- In 2017 only Bayern Munich (14) have picked up more points than Dortmund (13).
- In their win over Wolfsburg, Tuchel’s men had 24 shots on goal. A week later against Freiburg, they had 27. Both of those are their highest tallies of the season.
- Aubameyang has scored 73 league goals in 116 games for Dortmund. Lewandowski netted 74 in his 131 Bundesliga matches at the club.
- Leverkusen have their worst points tally (30) in 10 years. They have already lost as many times this season (10) as they did in the whole of the last campaign.
- The visitors have conceded 10 goals from set pieces this season.
- Werkself defender Ömer Toprak has already agreed to join Dortmund in the summer.