- Leipzig aiming to keep pressure on Bayern with win.
- Visitors have lost twice in Bavaria this season.
- Augsburg have miserable record on Fridays.
Augsburg moved seven points clear of the bottom three thanks to a 2-1 win at basement club Darmstadt on Matchday 22, the fourth time Manuel Baum’s side had come from behind to win this season – a league high. On Friday though, Die Fuggerstädter will be targeting only their fourth home win of the campaign against a visiting side with the second-best away record in the Bundesliga.
Second-placed Leipzig kept the pressure on Bayern at the top of the table by winning 3-1 against Cologne last weekend. That was a league-leading ninth home win of the campaign, but their away record is almost as impressive. Against Augsburg, Ralph Hasenhüttl's charges will be seeking their seventh win in 12 matches on the road. In-form Swedish international Emil Forsberg will be hoping to score for the third week running – he also netted in Leipzig’s 2-1 win when these sides last met in September.
- Since Baum took over, Augsburg have picked up 13 points in eight matches. That puts them in the top six in the form table for that period – two behind Leipzig’s tally.
- The home side's seven wins this season have all come against teams that are currently in the bottom half of the table.
- Augsburg have won only one of the 16 Bundesliga matches they have played on a Friday and none of their last 12. Since beating Werder Bremen 3-1 in October 2012, they have drawn three and lost nine of the games they have played on a Friday.
- Leipzig have not drawn any of their past 17 league matches. That is the longest streak of its kind in the Bundesliga and started with a win against Augsburg on Matchday 6.
- The visiting team have not enjoyed their trips to Bavaria so far this season. Their first two Bundesliga defeats came against Ingolstadt (1-0) and Bayern Munich (3-0).